Saturday, July 10, 2010

Willard H. Markey Centennial Park

This past Monday morning I went hiking at Willard H. Markey Centennial Park off Ridge Road in East Rockhill Township, Bucks County, PA.  It was a hot, humid morning but still fun! I had never been there before so it was fun exploring. Below are some of the sights I saw.

Many of the sights I saw came from meadow areas
such as this bright yellow flower above.  

 There was a little bit of wetlands area
thus the cattails.

Queen Anne's Lace

Black-Eyed Susan

Timothy Hay

A common wildflower

A beautiful butterfly on a clover flower

Another yellow wildflower in the meadow

An old house in the park currently used by the Perkasie Boy Scouts

3 comments:

  1. Interesting and I never explored here before. Beautiful wild flowers and wonderful butterfly seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still up to your old tricks, Tim, I see. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, sue anne. I have often drove past there and never visited it either till now.

    Thanks, ginnie. Glad you enjoy my photos.

    ReplyDelete