Monday, December 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe

I was requested to share the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that I show a picture of in an earlier post. The basic recipe comes from Mennonite Country Style Recipes by Esther H. Shank and can be found on page 170 of that cookbook. However, I am sharing our modified version of this recipe.

Cream the following together thoroughly:

1.5 cups butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups brown sugar

Add the following to the above mixture and beat until fluffy:

2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift the following dry ingredients together:

2 cups unbleached white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon

Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with 2 cups quick oatmeal and 1.75 cups canned pumpkin to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. This will need to be stirred in by hand.

Lastly stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup raisins.  Drop by spoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 to 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Tim. That's a rich, sweet recipe...to die for, I'm sure. Those Mennonites sure know how to cook (Astrid grew up a Mennonite!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tim !
    I don't know if I will find canned pumpkin but I will cook some fresh one by myself
    I believe it is possible to use for instance canned chutney ?
    May be yummy too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me please, Tim, I did a mistake :
    Châtaigne = sweet chestnut

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ginnie. I think cooking was a specialty among Mennonites though some of it is being lost in today's busy lifestyle.

    Thanks, cergie. I'm sure cooking fresh pumpkin will work just fine. If you make this, let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete